Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Doctor did IVF

Quite unfortunately, I developed yet another UTI last week. I bopped over to an urgent care clinic to get some antibiotics for it, and a week later I wasn't sure that I was totally over it. I haven't seen a regular GP doctor for years since I spent so much time at the fertility clinic. I was lucky enough to find one affiliated with Johns Hopkins who is close and was able to fit me in quickly.

I had been hoping for a female doctor, but the guy I got was great. He was really funny, didn't talk down to me, and generally did all the other nice things doctors do. When I was giving him my history and I mentioned the cycles, he was quite interested. I started explaining that I was taking a break because I'd done six or seven in a row, and started to tell him the process of each one. I know doctors are educated medical people, but I've been to many who don't understand what you do as an egg donor. He stopped me, though, and said "I know. We went through infertility." At first I was mortified, thinking that he thought I was talking down to him about something he learned in his second year of med school. However, he clarified that he and his wife had gone through infertility treatments, though they didn't use donor eggs.

We had a nice chat about the process. His wife, by the way, is a machine. I think he said she produced like 28 eggs during her IVF! I guess they can stimulate you more if you're getting your own eggs, since you're taking the risk for yourself. Anyway, I thought it was quite cool to have someone to talk to who had gone through the process and who could speak intelligently about it medically (not just "I had a kid that way").

This doctor is a keeper. I hope I don't have to actually go in for anything, but when that inevitably comes about, I won't mind so much.

4 Comments:

At 1:43 AM , Anonymous IVF Clinic India said...

Great Post.....

I found your site on stumbleupon and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

Thanks for sharing....

 
At 3:27 AM , Blogger IVF - CANCUN said...

This is a great article. I hope you guys continue to help people the way you do.
ivf doctors

 
At 10:06 PM , Anonymous IVF Cost said...

IVF is currently a growing industry in the US because more and more people decide to put children on hold and get their life settled before family building.

IVF Cost

 
At 10:59 PM , Blogger wecareindia said...

Thanks For sharing .. You can Visit Egg Donation In india

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home