Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Conflicts and Evolution

Ok, so this isn't strictly an egg donation post, but you all can appreciate what I'm saying.

When I was a kid, I used to get urinary tract infections (UTIs) all the time. They were really severe and I had one almost once a month. Eventually I had surgery that fixed the problem. However, I remain acutely aware of all the symptoms and problems. Last Thursday I started feeling a little weird and I knew one was coming on. So on Sunday, when I was at my parents' house, I finally admitted I had one and went to the clinic out here. They were very nice and gave me a prescription for 5 days of antibiotics.

Antibiotics for me mean two things: 1) the infection gets cured and 2) I get a yeast infection. So my nether regions are a mess. I also tried to pretend the yeast infection didn't exist until yesterday when I broke down and got a one day treatment.

I hate these because the ointment eventually leaks out and schmears all over everything. So last night before I put it in, I was desperately looking for some sort of maxi pad or panty liner at my parents' house. My mom was asleep so her bathroom, the obvious choice, was not accessible. I couldn't find anything anywhere. Eventually, I just had to bite the bullet, so to speak.

When I woke up, thankfully, I hadn't leaked all over my underwear. I went to the bathroom, wiped off what was waiting to leak out, and went for a run. There was quite a mess from that when I got back, so I showered, changed, and had an advantageous moment to run into mom's bathroom. There, I found some pads.

Let's talk about pads for a minute. I get the skinniest ultra super megathin pads that exist. They are hardly different from a panty liner, and that's how it should be. I marvel at whatever scientific advances allow for these wonderful, thin products to be absorbent and effective. What a difference from the three-quarter-inch thick slabs of cotton and paper that I had to use in Jr. High and High School. Did the really thin ones exist then? I don't think so...I only discovered them in college. I just assumed that every woman had come over to the glory of the super ultra micro thin pads and that the thick ones available at the stores were...hmm...left overs or for weird hickish women who fear change or maybe for use in other tasks (kitchen clean up or something). So imagine my horror at finding half a package of these nightmares in my mom's linen closet - exaggerated by the fact that I had to actually use one.

Horay for the evolution of feminine hygiene products.

Boo for my dueling infections.

Horay for modern medicine that lets me fix them both at once.

And here's a thanksgiving toast to healthy nether regions.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can i please ask you a question how did you get to be a donor i want to be one i read that your on donation 6 so you can do it over and over? can you please help me. please email me at
My name is sarah by the way

fyck_love@hotmail.com

 
At 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am also thinking of becoming a donor, but would like to know a lot more information about it. I would love it if you could e-mail me at: lichten_books@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Lisa Lichtenstein

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home