Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

WTF is THAT?! Tissue?!

I need help/advice.

Warning: details follow.

Oh, man. So late last night I my period started. This is the first one since the retrieval, so it's usually pretty nasty. It was just a bit of bleeding last night. Today was really the first day.

Here's the freak out: I was in the bathroom and I looked down and on my pad was a piece of tissue. Literally, I looked at it and went "oh my god". So I had to examine it. It wasn't a clot - I do get clots, especially after a retrieval, and I know what those are. This had some blood on it, but it was skin like.

So some googling around suggests that this was normal endometrial tissue and that These Things Happen and that I Shouldn't Be Alarmed. Has anyone had this happen to them? It freaks me out to have fleshy parts of my inside ending up outside....

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, never commented before but just wanted to say I think that's normal. I've had the same thing happen, although not because of egg donation. I am just starting the process of pursuing egg donation and I've found your blog very helpful! If you have any words of wisdom or tips on how to get off to a successful start feel free to email me anytime... I could use the guidance. There doesn't seem to be a lot of places for discussion about egg donation for donors online. Anyway my email address is tommygina@yahoo.com, if you know of anywhere like that I can get more info. Hope things go well for you in the womanly dept... sounds pretty normal to me!

 
At 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - This happened to me after retrieval during my 3rd IVF. I was told not to be concerned about it. Everything looked fine on the ultrasound and the following months.

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

hi, just found your blog today! i just completed my first donation 2 days ago. i am feeling great, except a little bloatness still. umm... so i just read this post and saw you mentioned the first period is really nasty? oh god, i can hardly wait for mine to come... not!

anyway, great blog, have read half of it so far.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home