Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Two(2) More

When the phone rings at my house at 9:30 in the morning, there are two possibilities:

1) Someone is about to incur my wrath for waking me up, or
2) I've been picked for another donation cycle

Today was one of those #2 days, AND I wasn't just picked for one cycle. I was picked for two. I'll do one, take a month of birth control, and then go into the second. Ah...just like the old days. I have absolutely loved these few months with no birth control pills, but I have also missed the people at the clinic and the whole process. Plus, what glories this will do for my newly independent housefund.

Newly independent housefund, you ask? Yes. I was thinking about posting about this, but held off because I don't think I had the energy. I'm getting divorced. My husband moved out last weekend, and the divorce will be finalized in a couple months. Sort of ironically, the main reason for the divorce is chidren: he wants them, I don't. We had agreed *well* before we got married that we weren't going to have kids. Then last week he tells me that he SAID he didn't want to have kids hoping that I would eventually become "more human" and want them. Fucker. I have tried to keep the whole thing as amicable as possible, and he will probably still be driving me to the office for the actual retrieval, but the whole thing is messed up. My totally uneducated guess is that there are probably 8 children out there that came about from my eggs (maybe more), and yet I'm getting divorced about the same thing*.


In any case, I now have my very own house fund (though diminished by half), and these egg donations will do a lot to make that better. SO, the status is that my last period was June 25th, I'll probably have my next around August 30th (I have long cycles), and then start in. That also means more regular posts are in the not-too-distant future :)




*Note: I think this is one of his main reasons, but I really just think he also wanted his own, independent life with no one to answer to. So I count this kid issue as a big reason, but not the only one.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM , Blogger Susie said...

One of my close friends divorced for the same reason -- her husband wanted children, she didn't. There are some things it's impossible to really "compromise" on. It sounds like this is the best decision for you. Especially since he brought your "humanity" into question. What a stupid thing to say.

susie
notahabit

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger aibee said...

I'm sorry you're going though a marriage breakup E.D. It's always hard, no matter what the reasons.

You're in my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home