Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Leftovers

Earlier in the week, I went into the clinic for the sonogram that was following up my last donation and clearing me to begin the 6th donation cycle. Unfortunately, my ovaries are still big, and I have three cysts on the left side. That means 2-3 more weeks of birth control before starting the next cycle.

Frankly, I think this is because we had to go to 10 days of stims on the last cycle. If I had take my shots a few hours earlier, I would have gone the 9 days that I'd had on every previous cycle, and I would have responded better. I'll be shooting up at 6pm this time, so I don't have to deal with this again.

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question, and I swear I'm not being nosy, I'm genuinely interested because I've been thinking of egg donation myself--but how does the process affect your sex life? Are there times when, should you want to have sex, you would have to use condoms? Are there forbidden-sex days? That sort of thing?

 
At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it really make a difference what time you take the shots? I'm not sure I understand it. (I just started my first cycle with Bravelle shots last Friday.)

I am doing medicated IUIs myself and just stumbled across your blog. I have been thinking a lot about donor eggs lately, I have a feeling they may be in my future.

susie
notahabit.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home