Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Another order of eggs, coming up!

Well, I stayed in bed Wednesday of my retrieval basically until Sunday. I got up on Saturday to go get lunch and was exhausted after being out only a couple hours. I came home and just slept.

I'm not sure at this point how much of this had to do with the retrieval and how much was other stuff. As I've mentioned, I had my dissertation defense this week. Most people talk about how they fall sick and basically crash for a month after their defense. I think I may have had a poor reaction to the anesthetic, and that triggered a pre-dissertation defense crash. I haven't slept regularly for almost 3 months as I wrote my dissertation, and honestly I think the 5 straight days of sleep did me well. I honestly did sleep almost the entire time I was down. When I finally got up and around on Monday, I felt great. The discomfort from the retrieval was gone (though really, it wasn't any worse or longer than usual) and I felt very refreshed.

I also passed my dissertation defense, so I'm now Dr. Egg Donor.

The day before my defense, the clinic called to let me know I had been picked for a 6th donation cycle. I'll continue with the birth control pack I started after the last retrieval, have a sonogram on day 2 of my period, and then go into the pills and shots for the next retrieval that will be about June 1st.

2 Comments:

At 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Dr. Egg Donor.

-Louise

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger aibee said...

Seconded.

Congratulations Dr Egg Donor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home