Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Oh baby...I'm so....stimulated!

I saw my favorite doctor at the clinic last weekend. He counted about 25 follicles and everything is good. However, he did point out that I had scraped my knees. I was teetering my way to my car on 4 inch heels with 25 student reports in binders a couple weeks ago, and the curb and I got into a fight...the curb won. I fell *hard*. My Kate Spade bag with my poor Apple PowerBook flew out onto the sidewalk, the students' projects scattered, and I made this big loud "Oooof!" noise as the air flew out of me. Some nice guy across the street almost came over to help me until I waived him off. The bag, the computer, and the reports were all fine. I, however, was a bloody mess. I literally had streams of it running down my legs (totally ruining the otherwise good effect of the heels and my dark grey skirt that ended *above* the knee). I've healed a bit, but I still have those bright pink spots on both knees where the scabs have fallen off. That's a long story to get to the point that I was surprised he noticed. I know my knee was right in his face while I was in stirrups, but for some reason I didn't think he'd be looking.

It doesn't matter, though. He calls me brilliant and beautiful and I still love him.

Today I've taken my 3rd day of stims - gonal-f, repronex, more lupron. I'm not feeling anything yet in the ovary area which is nice. My probably retrieval is a week from today, and my dissertation defense is a little more than a week after that. I'm in the midst of the most important event of my life so far (MAYBE edged out by my wedding, but the wedding was a lot easier to pull together), and I'm hoping the donation won't interfere. Puffy ovaries are one thing. I'm definitely rooting against a second bout of OHSS. I'm pretty confident that won't happen, though, since it only happened on my first time (it's more common in the first cycle than in later cycles).

Wednesday is the next sonogram. I'll have all sorts of cool measurements to post then.

Ooh...and we're right at the full-term due date of the recipient of last July's retrieval. Of course, I don't know if she actually had a successful pregnancy, but I'm thinking of her. I hope she is welcoming happy, healthy baby/babies into her life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home