Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Off, yet again

I got a call that my recipient has low iron levels, and thus my latest donation has been cancelled. I'm up to be picked again, but at the moment I'm uncommitted. This makes me wonder about the birth control thing. I have to be on them while I'm in a cycle, but I hate them. The clinic gives me Desogen which works well, but I get terrible headaches when I come off of it for the 7 days in each cycle. I'd like to just go without it until I'm picked again. My husband had a vasectomy (we REALLY don't want kids), so I don't need it for anything.

I think I'll stay off of them. Hopefully the clinic won't object.

It's weird - my first 4 donations went off without a delay. These last two have been pushed back again and again. At least it's not my body rebelling.

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM , Blogger Jen said...

The recipient is taking something, but they said that it will take like 3 months to get her to the right level. I will donate for them eventually, but just not now.

As for the b/c, I used to be on a lower dose, but that left me with cysts every month. By themselves, it wasn't a problem, but you can't have cysts and donate, so they moved me to this higher dose pill. I've told them about the headaches, but they just nod. I guess they are used to people being uncomfortable during the process :)

Congratulations on your cycle getting underway. You'll have to keep us all posted on your progress!

-egg donor

 
At 6:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a run-of-the-mill IVF patient (not an egg donor or recipient (yet!)) and my clinic has never tested my iron! I'm always borderline anemic and never had anyone test. I wonder if it can affect the cycles success rate? If so, I would have been taking Iron supplements or something.

Glad you were picked up for another cycle. Egg Donor & Susan, thanks for helping all us infertile women out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home