Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Sex Life

An anonymous person responded to the last post and asked about sex life with donation. That's a great question, so I thought I'd do a post on it.

Basically, during a cycle you need to use a condom because you're on stimulating medications that make you VERY likely to get pregnant. My husband had a vasectomy, so we're both lucky that we don't need to worry about it. As for comfort, I generally don't like having sex in the week surrounding the retrieval because your ovaries are big and it's kind of uncomfortable. We have done it, and if it's very slow it's not too bad. Once things get vigorous, I feel my puffy ovaries getting banged around a lot more than I feel anything else, so we generally pass for that week. I guess it depends on you and how you feel. The important thing is that (according to my doctor) it's totally fine to have sex at any time as long as you use a condom from the time you start the cycle, until your first period AFTER the cycle - about 6 weeks.

Please post other questions if you have them. I'm happy to share my knowledge!

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Egg Donor, How did you first hear about egg donation and what made you decide to do it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home