Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Dating and Donating?

First off, thank you all for your supportive comments on the last post. It's always nice for people to wish your ex's penis to fall off :)

I have no plans to date for quite a while. I'm very happy not dating. I am very happy to be by myself, not worrying about accommodating anyone else for any reason. But looking to the future, like the next year or so, I assume there will be dating. I don't envision 12 months of celibacy.

I wonder about how the egg donation thing comes up. It's obviuosly not a necessary first date topic, but at what point should that be introduced? Once they start coming to the house, the syringes all over the place would probably look suspicious. Even if well hidden, the frequent doctor visits and whining about puffy ovaries would give it away eventually. My intuition is that it would just naturally come up before the point where it would affect sex or anything. I am curious about the average male response. My husband was supportive and in favor of it, though he didn't really show any interest in the details (I go "Honey, I have two follicles that are 37, and one of them is like a cucumber - it's like 27 X 5!" and he goes "Oh.").

Any insight into what I should expect?

1 Comments:

At 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Little late for a response to this)
I've told all the guys I know, the one I'm dating, and his friends, and my friends, and so on and so forth. I think it is ridiculously interesting. Course I've also had long discussions over the merits of different types of birth control also. :) I think guys need to be informed on the things that women can and do go through.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home