Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Lupron Shots: Day 1 (Birth Control Pills Day 18)

Tonight was my first shot of this egg donation cycle. From what I can tell from my own discussions with people, the one of the biggest deterrents to becoming an egg donor is having to administer shots.

In reality, the needles are very small, and it's not bad at all. These shots are FAR less painful than having a blood draw. Some people believe that you should pinch around your stomach and then stick yourself there. My husband is a paramedic and he gave me a shot once. He stuck that thing in me like a dart and it HURT. I find that after you draw up the contents, just start by pushing the needle slowly against your skin. If it's in a good spot, it won't hurt at all. The needle will just go in, and then you administer the shot. If it starts to hurt, you can just reposition the shot and try again. During my first donation, I had a lot of sore places from shots until I figured out this method.

Other than that, there's not much to it. It sometimes get itchy for a few minutes after the injection, and sometimes the spot is a bit sore, but it's not bad.

Lupron is a hormone suppressant, so you won't see any weight gain or swelling of the ovaries while you're on these shots alone. That means you can keep exercising and doing things like normal. Once you start stimulants, things get trickier. I'm marathon training during this cycle, so I'll post more about exercise and shots when I get to that point.


You will take these shots every day now until 2 days prior to the retrieval (about 20 days from now)

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

AH! I'm on Lupron right now, and it's making me insane! I'm at work, and if anyone says anything to me I immediately want to scream. Then, I just try to breath and not think about it. In fact, my coworker came to me today and asked if there was something wrong because I haven't been my usual chipper self for the past couple of days. Did Lupron make you crazy/irritable? Help!

 
At 8:39 PM , Anonymous Los Angeles Egg Donor said...

Egg donation has become one of the most practical solutions for women who are having problems with fertility. If you are one of those women who face challenges with fertility, it would be beneficial to take time to understand the basics about egg donation.

Los Angeles Egg Donor

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home