Egg Donation

I am an egg donor, and here you'll find details of my donation cycles. Go to the beginning of the blog for day-by-day details of each cycle. Questions or Comments? Email eggdonor@gmail.com.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

First pill of the donation cycle

Tonight I take my first pill to start the donation cycle. I've always taken my birth control at night, but if you're a morning person you might consider taking them at night for donation. You'll be doing your injections in the evening when that time comes around and it's easier to put it all together.

If this is your first donation cycle, you may be going in for a sonogram. Usually, on day 2 or 3 of your period you go in for the sonogram. They check to make sure you don't have any cysts and (I think) do a follicle count. Since this is my third donation, I guess I didn't need one this time.

In any case, nothing special happens for a while. You'll be taking the birth contol pills just like normal until day 18 when the injections start.

1 Comments:

At 12:41 AM , Blogger Twin Mama said...

I had 16 follicles total... Is that a good number?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home